Guaranteed Financing Available
Need assistance paying for your courses? You’re not alone. Tap below to learn more.
SOUNDSCAPE SCHOOL FOR THE RECORDING ARTS
Royal Oak, MI
Learn to record, mix, and master like a pro
The Soundscape School for the Recording & Mixing Arts was founded by lead instructor and chief engineer Tim Smith in 2008 and has since then expanded to become one of the most highly respected institutions for audio education in the Midwest. With over thirty years of working professionally in the music industry, Tim laid out the foundation for each of our offered programs. His audio background knowledge spans from analogue to digital recording as well as live sound engineering.
WHY Study at Soundscape?
- One On One State Licensed Training
- Knowledgeable & Experienced Award-Winning Program Instructors
- All Text Books & Learning Materials Included In The Tuition Cost
- Hands-On Training In A State Of The Art Facility Where National & Local Clients Make Records Twelve Months Out Of The Year
- A Guaranteed Post Grad Work Experience Opportunity Following The Successful Completion Of The Selected Enrolled Program
- Flexible Course Scheduling
- No Crowded Classrooms
- A Comfortable, Creative & Professional Learning Environment
Class Start Dates Include: FEBRUARY, JUNE & OCTOber.
Registration for any of our three offered classes is recommended at least two to four months in advance. Registration begins with the “full or half” tuition purchase of a recording arts program. We offer two choices for getting started:
1. Online, which can be done quickly & easily from the comfort of your own home. Shortly after you have made your tuition purchase, A Soundscape Representative will contact you to create a starting date & course schedule.
2. On site, here at The Soundscape. We ask that you first make an appointment. To do so, you may either fill out the “Schedule A Classroom Tour” form located on this page or give us a call directly at: 248.439.0499
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express & Pay Pal. Please note a 4% processing fee will be added to your final purchase at checkout.
The Soundscape Recording Studio & School For The Recording Arts operates under license by The Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Opportunity (LEO). Each of our offered programs is state-approved.
…I never thought that this much material would be covered, it was a tough class however I learned so much more than I expected. Taking this course was one of the best decisions I have ever made! If you are interested in working in the recording or mixing field than I would without a doubt recommend this class to you.
…I learned so much more than I ever thought I would, coming from a four-year university. None of the audio classes at MSU compare to this program. I would recommend these courses to everyone, in fact I already have. I sincerely feel that signing up for this class was the best decision that I have ever made in this field
…The class was tough but a lot of fun at the same time. Tim did a great job of explaining the different recording and mixing techniques as we went through lesson plans which made the learning process more manageable. I took the class because I like to record my own music at home and I wanting to make better recordings and consequently make better mixes. This class did exactly that!
…It’s incredible the amount of information that is covered. More than I expected. I will walk away from this confident that I have learned the process and then some. This is the best money spent, awesome experience!