SOUNDSCAPE SCHOOL FOR THE RECORDING ARTS
Royal Oak, MI
Learn to record, mix, and master like a pro
The Soundscape School for the Recording & Mixing Arts was founded by lead instructor and chief engineer Tim Smith in 2008 and has since then expanded to become one of the most highly respected institutions for audio education in the Midwest. With over thirty years of working professionally in the music industry, Tim laid out the foundation for each of our offered programs. His audio background knowledge spans from analogue to digital recording as well as live sound engineering.
WHY Study at Soundscape?
- One On One State Licensed Training
- Knowledgeable & Experienced Award-Winning Program Instructors
- All Text Books & Learning Materials Included In The Tuition Cost
- Hands-On Training In A State Of The Art Facility Where National & Local Clients Make Records Twelve Months Out Of The Year
- A Guaranteed Post Grad Work Experience Opportunity Following The Successful Completion Of The Selected Enrolled Program
- Flexible Course Scheduling
- No Crowded Classrooms
- A Comfortable, Creative & Professional Learning Environment
Class Start Dates Include: FEBRUARY, JUNE & OCTOber.
Registration for any of our three offered classes is recommended at least two to four months in advance. Registration begins with the “full or half” tuition purchase of a recording arts program. We offer two choices for getting started:
1. Online, which can be done quickly & easily from the comfort of your own home. Shortly after you have made your tuition purchase, A Soundscape Representative will contact you to create a starting date & course schedule.
2. On site, here at The Soundscape. We ask that you first make an appointment. To do so, you may either fill out the “Schedule A Classroom Tour” form located on this page or give us a call directly at: 248.439.0499
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express & Pay Pal. Please note a 4% processing fee will be added to your final purchase at checkout.
The Soundscape Recording Studio & School For The Recording Arts operates under license by The Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Opportunity (LEO). Each of our offered programs is state-approved.
…I have learned far more than what I had expected. I did not take this course to become an engineer, but hoped to further educate myself as an artist, writer and producer. With the knowledge I now have, I am ten times more creative with the recording process – and a better writer because of it. Tim is highly educated with both recording and mixing in all genres and will cater to what suits you best! I would recommend this course to anyone who wishes to pursue the music business.
…It was the most valuable course I have taken in the recording arts. It was not easy but the information was provided in a clear, organized manner. I was given the opportunities to practice and master the techniques that we studied throughout the program with some amazing gear in a very comfortable environment. I would highly recommend this class to any aspiring engineer that really wants to learn, grow and eventually work in the field
…I’m really excited that I took this course, due to the one on one style of instruction I was able to learn a lot. The program was quite a bit more in depth than other programs I have taken in the past. I would definitely recommend this class to anyone pursuing a career in the music industry
…I make a lot of beats at home with my computer. My goal is to be a hip hop producer. I took the class to increase my knowledge of mixing. I really had not realized how little I really knew about the subject. Since taking the class my mixes have changed dramatically. Even my friends and family have told how much bigger my mixes are sounding. I learned a lot about creating dynamics in a mix to pull the listener into the song. In my opinion I would recommend taking this class if you are serious about working in the music business.